At Harley Street at University College Hospital we have created a calm and supportive environment. We provide care at all stages of cancer, so you can be assured that we can look after you whatever stage of treatment you are at.
We are continually investing in our facilities and technology to ensure you have access to the latest treatments available, including advanced radiotherapy through the TrueBeam STx and access to new and emerging treatments such as immunotherapy.
As part of HCA Healthcare UK our patients have direct access to clinical trials at the Sarah Cannon Research Institute UK, working with clinical investigators to develop new and innovative cancer therapies. This forms part of our global network of cancer care through Sarah Cannon who are also part of the HCA family.
Outpatient & Day Care+
The UCH Macmillan Cancer Centre is a dedicated outpatient and day care facility designed around patients. Our outpatient services are based on the 5th Floor, and are centred around the Squire Garden, a bright outdoor space for patients and visitors. Our outpatient facilities are linked to our inpatient facility through an underground walkway, so if for any reason you need to be admitted to hospital our team have direct access.
- Consultation rooms – where your consultant will meet with you
- Chemotherapy Day Care – chemotherapy pods with comfortable reclining chairs and two side rooms for patients who require a bed
- Pharmacy – dispensing chemotherapy and take home medication
- Patient Lounge – a dedicated space for patients and their visitors
- Squire Garden – an outdoor space providing natural daylight and fresh air for patients and their visitors
During your treatment you may need to stay in hospital overnight or for several days, this is called inpatient care.
Our dedicated inpatient services are based on the 15th Floor of the main UCH tower on Euston Road (T15). Our team of friendly nurses and experienced doctors are on hand to care for you 24 hours a day.
- Private en-suite bedrooms
- Dedicated inpatient pharmacy
- Direct access to intensive care treatment
Depending on your treatment plan you may require radiotherapy.
Radiotherapy treatment uses external beams to target tumours using machines called linear accelerators. Your consultant and medical team can provide you with more information about whether radiotherapy is an appropriate treatment option.
We have invested in the TrueBeam STx, one of the most advanced linear accelerators in the world.
You can find out more about our radiotherapy services and the TrueBeam here.